CALM believes in telling you everything about our natural ingredients. CALM Buttery Rose Hand Soak Body Rub - Stretch Marks - Bath Melts Natural Ingredients
: Organic Cocoa Butter,
Lavandula Officinalis (Flowers & Oil), Chamomile Flowers, Roses, Sage Leaves, Rose Absolute Oil. Learn more about all natural ingredients
& DIY Beauty Tips - How to Videos
Chamomile Flowers & Powder
- Chamomile is a common name for a daisy-like plant. Chamomile is one of the oldest favorites amongst garden herbs and its reputation as a medicinal plant shows little signs of abatement. The Egyptians reverenced it for its virtues, and from their belief in its power to cure ague, supposedly dedicated it to their gods. The extract contains active Flavonoid and Essential Oil compounds, which are particularly advantageous in the care of sensitive skin, while the powder or flowers will relax, soften and heal the skin.
Cocoa Butter, Certified Organic
is the cream-colored edible fat extracted from cacao seeds (aka cocoa beans). Containing natural antioxidants that prevent rancidity, it is extremely stable with a long shelf life. Cocoa butter has been used down through the ages to keep skin soft and supple. It helps to retain moisture by providing a breathable barrier to protect sensitive skin against environmental stress. Due to its ability to promote elasticity in the skin, it is frequently recommended for prevention of stretch marks in pregnant women and for soothing chapped skin and lips.
Lavandula Flowers / Oil
- Lavender is an aromatic perennial evergreen shrub. Its woody stems bear lavender or purple flowers from late spring to early autumn, although there are varieties with blossoms of white or pink. The use of Lavender goes back thousands of years, with the first recorded uses by the Egyptians during the mummification process. Lavender was used as an after-bath perfume by the Romans, who gave the herb its name from the Latin lavare, to wash. It stimulates the growth of new skin cells, tones and balances the skin and promotes relaxation in extract, flower or powder forms.
- A rose is a woody perennial of the genus Rosa, within the family Rosaceae. It is suitable for all skin types, but it is especially valuable for dry, sensitive or aging skins. It has a tonic and astringent effect on the capillaries just below the skin surface, which makes it useful in diminishing the redness caused by enlarged capillaries.
Rose Absolute Oil
- The healing tradition associated with the rose is no less remarkable than its fragrance and beauty. The fragrance is considered an antidepressant, while the oil itself is a mild antiseptic. The difficulty of extracting rose oil from the plant has always caused it to be a very expensive substance. A rose blossom contains only about 0.02% essential oil. It takes about 60,000 roses to produce just 1 ounce of oil.Sage Leaves
- Sage is a small perennial evergreen subshrub, with woody stems, grayish leaves, and blue to purplish flowers. It is a member of the family Lamiaceae and is native to the Mediterranean region, though it has naturalized in many places throughout the world. It has a long history of medicinal and culinary use, and in modern times as an ornamental garden plant. Sage is used as an energizing and cleansing element due to its’ antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.